The 2013 Sunoco® Free Fuel 5000 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2013 Sunoco® Free Fuel 5000 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding New Jersey and Virginia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes will be conducted at all participating retail sites, except retail sites in New Jersey and Virginia. Employees and retailers of Sunoco, Inc. (R&M) ("Sunoco"), Ritter Associates, Inc. ("Spotters"), DreamWorks Animation L.L.C., ePrize, Inc., and any of their respective parent and/or affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee or retailer are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in New Jersey, Virginia and where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Sunoco, Inc. (R&M), 10 Industrial Highway, G-Building, Lester, PA 19029. Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on August 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor is the official time-keeper for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: You will need to display a SUNOCO® Contingency Decal (“Decal”) on your motor vehicle in order to enter this Sweepstakes. Decals may be obtained for free via the process set forth in Section 4(a), below.
a) Obtain A Decal: During the Promotion Period, you may obtain a Decal via one (1) of the following methods:
(i) visit a participating Sunoco Retailer and request a free Decal, while supplies last;
(ii) send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with a 3" x 5" card with your name, home mailing address (P.O. Boxes not permitted), age and telephone number on it and mail it with proper postage to "Sunoco Free Fuel 5000 Sweepstakes Decal Request," c/o Department 595967, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046; or
(iii) visit Sponsor-selected retailers, locations and events to obtain a free Decal (visit www.gosunoco.com/freefuel5000 for a list free Decal locations, retailers and events, subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion). For Mail-In Requests: Mail-in requests must be postmarked by August 2, 2013 and received by August 9, 2013 to be eligible. If you request a Decal by mail, your Decal will be shipped within five (5) days of the date your request was received. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, undeliverable or returned mail-in requests, all of which will be rendered void. Requests will not be acknowledged (other than by sending you a Decal) or returned. Proof of sending will not be deemed proof of receipt by Administrator. For All Requests: Limit: One (1) Decal per request, regardless of method of obtaining a Decal.
b) Affix the Decal to your Vehicle: Once you obtain your Decal, immediately affix it in a visible location on the outside of your vehicle (i.e. rear window or bumper).
c) Get Spotted to Receive a First Prize and Enter the Grand Prize Drawing: During the Promotion Period, official "Spotters" from an independent third-party agency, will "spot" vehicles displaying Decals at participating retailers. If you are at or near a participating Sunoco Retailer and if a Spotter spots the Decal on your vehicle, the Spotter will approach you, determine your eligibility to participate based on these Official Rules, and collect your personal information, including a valid mailing address. If you are eligible and provide the required information, you will receive a First Prize and an entry into the Grand Prize drawing. The Spotter must approach you. If a Spotter is present but does not approach you, or if the Spotter cannot verify your eligibility, determined by Spotter in his or her sole discretion, you will not be eligible to receive a First Prize or entry into the Grand Prize drawing. Limit: You may receive only one (1) First Prize and one (1) Grand Prize drawing entry per day. Spotters will visit each participating retail location once and each participating Sunoco APlus® location twice and for at least sixty (60) minutes during the Promotion Period. Sponsor, Administrator and Spotters are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, stolen, or illegible Grand Prize drawing entries, all of which will be rendered void.
5. Grand Prize Drawing and Winner Requirements: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential Grand Prize winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries recorded by the Spotters during the Promotion Period, on or around September 16, 2013. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration"), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, potential winner forfeits the prize.
First Prize winners will be notified and verified via the process set forth in Section 4(c), above and prizes will be fulfilled in person at the time of verification. All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries recorded by the Spotters. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will not be awarded. First Prizes that are not distributed by Spotters during the Promotion Period will not be awarded. The Grand Prize will be fulfilled approximately 8 – 10 weeks after winner is confirmed.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Five thousand (5,000) gallons of free Sunoco® gasoline, to be awarded in the form of Sunoco gift cards (terms and conditions apply) redeemable at participating Sunoco Retailers, and a check in the amount of $6,000 made out to the winner to be used towards payment on the taxes associated with prize receipt. PLEASE NOTE: The $6,000 may not cover the total amount of taxes the grand prize winner may have to pay. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the grand prize is $26,000. ARV determined based on price of gas at time rules were written. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries recorded by Spotters received by Administrator during the Promotion Period.
TEN THOUSAND (10,000) FIRST PRIZES: A $10 Sunoco gift card (terms and conditions apply) redeemable at participating Sunoco Retailers and two (2) $5 Hollywood Movie Money® Certificates for a complimentary 3D upgrade to see DreamWorks Animation's Turbo at participating theaters. ARV: $10. Odds of winning a First Prize depend on the number of Decals claimed and the number of vehicles with Decals identified by Spotters during the Promotion Period.
For All Hollywood Movie Money® Certificates: Winners will be directed to the website http://www.activaterewards.com/sunoco, where they will use the provided reward codes to activate and print their Hollywood Movie Money® Certificates. The reward codes and Hollywood Movie Money® Certificates will expire on 09/30/2013, and winners must comply with all terms and conditions specified by Hollywood Movie Money®. Hollywood Movie Money® Certificates not used by the date noted on the certificate will be void. Any amount remaining of any certificate after initial use will be forfeited. Void if resold or otherwise exchanged.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total ARV of all prizes: $126,000.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Ritter Associates, Inc., DreamWorks Animation L.L.C., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, retailers, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor and its agents use of winner’s name, prize, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, human error, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the spotting of Decals, the capturing or transfer of winner information or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/WNFza2. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
14. Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing list please mail your request to Sunoco, Inc. (R&M), (Attn: Promotion List Removal), 10 Industrial Highway, G-Building, Lester, PA 19029 and your name will be removed within sixty (60) days of the request.
© 2013 ePrize, Inc. All rights reserved.